Which image looks better-the original or colorized?
#RevWesleyJParker (c. 1828-1892)
Parker was one of the first 4 Black Board of Trustees members of the #CentenaryBiblicalInstitute (now #MorganStateUniversity) in 1873 when the school was located at #44SaratogaStreet, Baltimore MD. This was after their charter was amended in 1872 to allow Blacks to serve on the Board of Trustees. The other three were Rev. R. H. Robinson; Henry W. Martin, Esq.; and Rev. William Perkins.
H/T to Kate Clifford Larson and Courtney Wilson
Courtesy of Nanny Jack & Co Archives